Longarm Service Pricing
- Basic Meander Panto Design .013 per square inch
This is the most economical and basic machine quilting service. It resembles puzzle pieces or a winding trail of thread working its way across your quilt top. No marking is involved in this style. Longarm Quilting Services Pricing is $0.013 per square inch. This level of quilting is the least dense style and turn around time is fast. Longarm
- Panto/ Edge to Edge Designs .02 per square inch
This is our most popular level of machine quilting service and offers the fastest turnaround time. No marking is involved in this style. Edge to edge or Panto designs for long arm start at one edge and continue to the other side regardless of blocks, seams, or piecing. This level of quilting adds wonderful texture to the surface of the quilt and allows the piecing to take center stage. We have dozens of patterns. During your intake appointment, we will look over the pattern choices so you’ll know exactly which pattern will be placed upon your quilt top. Longarm Service Pricing is $0.02 per square inch. Turn around time is pretty fast.
- Batting 80/20 0r 100% Cotton .24 per liner inch
Batting Services, Battings are sold by the linear inch that way you only pay for what you need. Choose from 80/20 or 100% cotton. Or if you are providing your own batting be sure to check that box so your are not charged.
- Binding Service #1 .12 per liner inch
One Sided Machine Binding.- Binding is machine sewn to the front of the quilt, you hand sew the back.
- Binding Service # 2 .15 per linear inch
Machine Quilted Binding Machine sewn to both the front and back of the quilt. Please choose which binding style you would like for stitching, straight, #26 or #31.
- Basting Service .015 per square inch
Basting allows hand quilters or home machine quilters to have me put the layers of their quilt together for them. Large stitches are easy to remove once the quilt is complete.Basting @ $ .015 per square inch (psi)
- Backing Fabric $10.99-$18.99 per yard
Backing Services-Most people provide their own backing, however, if you do not have backing available I can provide backing to compliment your quilt top. I offer 108” wide backing fabric which provide a seamless back with less cost. Cost varies $10.99 to $18.99 a yard. If it needs to be seamed, pressed or squared $20 per hour. Minimum 1 hour.
- Prepping your Quilt $20/per hour
If your quilt needs prepping such as threads snipped, Ironing, Squaring, Repair work before it can be put on the frame, It will be billed by the hour (Minimum 1 hour)These Longarm Services Pricing can be avoided by using the check-list and going over your quilt before sending it.
- Rush Orders $50 Per Quilt
Rush Orders:I do understand that sometimes things come up and that you may need your quilt sooner. If you find yourself in a rush to have your quilt back much sooner I'll do my best to rush it through and get it out as soon as possible; however, there will be a rush order charge added if you cannot wait as your name comes up on the list. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.*A rush fee of $50 will be added to all machine quilting for those that cannot wait until their turn comes up on the list.
Longarm Service Pricing-
Looking to hire a longarm quilter to finish your quilt top? Let us quilt your quilt! Just bring your quilt top to the Quilt to Last or ship it to us. Barb will professionally quilt it with care and precision. We have batting & backings available for purchase. You can also send your own backing & Batting & just pay for the Longarm Service Pricing. Either way I’d love to help you finish your quilt! If you send in two tops to be completed, I will take $25 off!
*If you would like me to do your binding, please include 1 yard of fabric *Linear Inches Binding= Yards of Fabric for Binding so I can do this for you. Binding costs are dependant on whether you choose option 1 or 2. It is charged by the linear inch. If you are purchasing your backing from me and would like the binding to be made from this, please click on the box on the ordering form for this and I will make the binding out of this.
Three Binding Styles
Need a quilt already made? Check out my quilts for sale online in my store-Shop Quilts For Sale! Or how about a popular T-shirt quilt? Check out my other shop and order a T-Shirt Quilt. Please allow 3-4 weeks. http://www.tshirtquilting.com
Longarm Quilting Services-Timelines
I don’t reserve space on my machine quilting schedule. You don’t get a spot until the quilt is actually in my studio and in my hands. I will try to accommodate deadlines but need at least 3-4* (four to six during the busy times) weeks lead time, depending on the time of the year (Christmas and graduation are my busy seasons). Quilts that you want to present for Christmas need to be in my hands by November 10
Battings are a longarm service pricing sold by the linear inch (that way you only pay for what you need). How to Prep your Quilt for the Longarm Quilting Service- Handy Checklist!
- Pellon 80/20 Cotton Blend @ $.24/linear inch
- 100% Pellon Cotton unbleached @ .$24/linear inch
- Please just click on the add your own batting so you aren’t charged for batting.
If you would like to send your own batting that would be fine. * Please be sure that it says it’s for long arm quilting. If you purchase batting from me, I carry Pellon 100% cotton & Pellon 80/20 cotton blend. Batting should be 8″ wider & taller than the quilt top- 4″ added to each side. Example if the quilt measures 40″x50″ make the batting 48″x58″. (same size as the backing)
Most people provide their own backing, however, if you do not have backing available I can provide backing to compliment your quilt top. I offer 108” wide backing fabric which provide a seamless back with less cost. Cost varies $10.99 to $18.99 a yard. If it needs to be seamed, pressed or squared $20 per hour. Minimum 1 hour.
Please read the below list regarding backing. How to Prep your Quilt for the Longarm Quilting Service!
The backing fabric must be 8″ inches larger than the quilt top in length and width. Very important!
- The backing fabric should be squared-up and pressed. It may be a wide backing fabric or it may be a pieced backing.
- Please trim off the edges before seaming your backing. Sides should be straight, and the backing squared. Your backing should have straight edges, with opposite edges parallel. Corners should be right angles.
- If it is a pieced backing the seams should run horizontally or from left to right across the quilt. All selvages should be removed from the seams of the pieced backing. As they shrink differently after they are washed and can cause puckers in your finished quilt. Press the seams open or in one direction. It reduces the risk of puckers on the back of the quilt. If the backing has multiple seams in both directions I will do my best to avoid any puckers.
- Wide backings are generally 108″ in width and are available at most local quilt shops. If you do not have access to a local shop, I do offer a basic selection of wide backings (108″ and 110″) in basic colors and prints. The wide backings I offer are Kona 100% quilter cotton by Robert Kaufman, Also 100% cotton Quilters Candy Mirage by Connecting Threads. Prices vary and range from $10.99 to $18.99 a yard.
- Bed Sheets shouldn’t be used as backing fabric. Due to the differences in the weave and manufacture of bed sheets, they are often nightmares for thread tension being consistent throughout the quilt. Since you’ve spent so much time/money on your quilt top, it makes sense to use quality fabric for the backing.
- Please do not put borders on the backing. It is not possible to center the top over the backing in both directions. A backing with a center monogram, or with a border, will be “off” in the final product
- QUILTING TIPS
Hand-guided quilting is not computerized, it is hand guided, resulting in some variance in repetitive patterns.
Every effort is made to clip and trim threads, but occasionally I miss one, so please check your quilt. Quilt to Last Deposit-Place your Order Now!
Payment Methods Accepted: I will gladly send you an invoice through our system for your records and so that you may pay online by PayPal I also use Stripe so you can use your credit card.
I also accept the following as payment via mail or in person:
Personal or Business checks* Please note if paying by check, quilts will be shipped after the check clears the bank. Thank you for your understanding with this. Checks should be made out to Barb McKeever/Quilt to Last
All Major Credit Cards *PayPal *Cash
Quilt to Last
Attention: Barb McKeever
1266 127th Ave NW. Coon Rapids
Quilt to Last Deposit-Place Your Order Now!